Wednesday, December 06, 2006

HK-Chan Clan School and Ancestral Home

Not a while ago, a stamp collector to me was strictly someone who collects only stamps.
I myself did not collect anything except stamps until recently. With the exponential growth of the internet community, I was given the opportunity to see what others are collecting and what they are doing with their collections. This opens many doors for me to decide what to do with my collecting interests.

About a year ago, I came across a forum about stamps. A collector from HK was willing to send covers to collectors who are interested on the first day of new issuance for a minimal fee to cover material and postage. I gave it a try and received some amazing covers from him. This is an official first day cover sent to me by register mail. The s/s depicts school and ancestral home built for and by the Chan clans in Canton, China.




The building was built in the 1800s and is renowned for its exquisite and lively stone carvings, woodcarvings, colorful Shi Wan pottery figurines, statues and iron plate paintings. I will sure visit the place one day.

No comments: